Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It must be one of the joys of being a parent to spend 30 minutes putting your child in a life vest, inner tube, water wings and flippers only to have them scream and cry the minute they touch the water.

There was a rat poking around near the pool today.  When I was a kid I used to love Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien as well as the film adaptation which continues to be my favorite animated movie.  When I was a kid if I'd seen a wild rodent I would have imagined that it was a hyper-intelligent being that had escaped from a government test facility and was harvesting electricity.  Today I worry about fleas, rabies, the Plague of Justinian, etc.  Aint bein' a grown up swell?

For some reason Blockbuster has been unable to ship anything to my new apartment since I moved in.  That said, somehow, someway, I'm supposed to have Borderlands arriving in the mail shortly.  Space cowboys, first person shooter, scrapyards of rusted metal.  Sounds like fun, Beavis.

No comments:

Post a Comment